Getting ready to take your first Original Hot Yoga class?
Welcome! We are so happy that you’ve decided to join us. We guarantee that a regular Original Hot Yoga practice will change your life in the most wonderful ways. Every class is open to beginners, no experience necessary.
No appointment or reservation is necessary, but please be sure to arrive to your first class at least 20 min early so we can take care of registration and orientation. Once the teacher has stepped into the yoga room and class has begun, latecomers will be be turned away. For your own well being, and out of consideration for the rest of the class, we will ask you to return and take class another time, on time.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day so that you’re well hydrated before coming to class. Good hydration supports the healthy function of all of your body’s systems, and it makes the heat feel comfortable rather than overwhelming.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first class. This gives us time for registration and orientation. Arriving early ensures a stress free and relaxed beginning to your life long Original Hot Yoga practice.
- Original Hot Yoga is for everyone. To quote Bishnu Ghosh, it’s never too late, you’re never too old, you’re never too sick, to start again from scratch. Come to class, and with the guidance of your teacher, simply approach every posture to the best of your ability and you will receive 100% benefit.
- Don’t think you have to get in shape before coming to class. That puts the cart before the horse! Come take your first class, and then take class as often as you possibly can and you will quickly lose weight, get in shape, and feel absolutely wonderful.
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothes, like you’re going to the beach. Most folks wear running or biking shorts, and women wear a sports bra or fitted tank top.
- You will feel challenged by the yoga during class, everyone does. Always work to your edge, but listen to your body and your inner wisdom. As a beginner, never be afraid to sit down if you need to. It’s normal, especially when you first get started, to feel dizzy, nauseated or lightheaded. It’s temporary, and as your body acclimates and detoxes, these sensations will disappear.
- During class nobody will look at you or judge you. The teacher will guide you and instruct you, always with compassion and respect. No need to be self conscious. It’s helpful to realize that people’s focus is on themselves, they are working too hard to even notice you.
- Take your second class within 24 hours. The second class is the equivalent of 3 to 4 classes, and you will bypass much of the soreness you’d experience otherwise.
- Make up your mind to take 10 classes as quickly as possible. Then no one has to tell you how good this yoga is for you. Your own personal experience will guide you.
- If you have a yoga mat, bring it, along with a large bath towel, a small hand towel, and drinking water. We also have these items available at the school on loan for your first visit, for rent thereafter.
- Remember, everyone had their very first Bikram Yoga class, even the people on the front row who have been coming for years. They make it look easy because they persevered, and you can too.
- If you feel nervous, scared or a little intimidated, no problem, many people feel that way initially. Just don’t let it stop you from coming to class. This class was designed for beginners, so know that with a little practice and experience, you’ll quickly feel right at home.
So there you go… you’re ready to rock… now pick a convenient time and location and come to class as quickly as you can. We look forward to meeting you soon! And remember, it doesn’t matter if you can do the postures, all that matters is that you try.
“I went to another Hot Yoga studio near my home, but didn’t take class; I only introduced myself and looked around, but I did not feel welcome. So I decided to give ya’ll a try, and within 5 min of arriving here, i feel so welcome! Even though that other studio is in my backyard, I will be driving over here several times a week because this feels like my new yoga home!” Jan P.